How to cure a HIV infection and lymph node swelling ?

i had an unknown fever in january post which i started getting pin prick itchy feeling all over my body and hives sometimes..after a month i developed a burning tongue and currently my entire mouth burns including roof of mouth...i have muscle aches too at times....i have already done hiv 4th generation combo test which is negative and i did it coz the fever developed 10 days after a facial treatment i did in bangkok where they used a needle to remove blackheads and there was some bleeding.. im also worried that the non reactive value test at 5weeks, 8 weeks and 12 weeks was 0.15, 0.22 and 0.46 respectively.. im also worried about this increasing value as even though its negative for hiv it could be rising for something else which is very worried and hope have an answer to my symptoms and questions
Posted Wed, 11 Apr 2012 in Infections
Answered by Dr. Sunil.N 3 hours later
Hi ,

Please note that the only way to make sure whether person is having HIV , is HIV testing for HIV infection. Please don't rely on HIV symptoms to know whether or not you are infected with HIV. There is a possibility that the person don't show any of the HIV symptoms but can still be infected with HIV/AIDS.

The incidence of HIV spread through needle prick is less(1%) and only the infected needles spread the infection.

Since the test were negative you need not worry about it. HIV tests test only the HIV infection( Antigens and Antibodies) No need to worry for something else.

Your symptom of pinprick itchy feeling, hives, burning sensation in tongue, muscle aches does not qualifies as HIV symptoms.

The early symptoms of HIV includes:
Enlarged lymph nodes

Your symptoms are more suggestive of multivitamin deficiency, I suggest you to take a course of vitamins and take more of fresh leafy vegetable, fresh fruits.

Hope I have answered your query. If you have any follow up queries I will be available to answer them.

Follow-up: How to cure a HIV infection and lymph node swelling ? 10 hours later

i have been taking vitamins for 2 months now but there is no relief..i think is has emerged after the wondering what it is...i also developed acne like rash and the lymph nodes behind and front of the ear r swollen and 1 also at the back of the head and the cervical ones..

im extremely worried and dont wat tests to do as ive done all tests and fortunately they r normal..

Answered by Dr. Sunil.N 14 hours later
Hi again,

Thanks for following me up,

Well again i would consider you free from HIV as the lymph node swelling in HIv will be most of times generalized.

The local ( cervical and pre and post auricular ) lymph node swelling indicates infections in the vicinity which I suspect it to be the acne.Try applying Erythromycin cream ( ERYTOP ) combined with Retinoids like (ADAPALENE ). This will bring down the cane and as a consequence the lymph nodes too will regress in size.

The pricky and burning sensation you have could be either due to Vit B12 deficiency or due to allergic reaction to some unknown allergen which can be ascertained by taking a dose of antiallergics like Tab Benadryl and observe whether the symptoms go down.

Wish you Good health.
Follow-up: How to cure a HIV infection and lymph node swelling ? 13 minutes later
thnx for ur advice doc.. just one last question..

i think i still have some unknown virus in the body which is causing problems and wanted to ask you whether a virus can live in the body forever and also a place in india where i can get a complete viral assay..

i have tried antiallergic meds for 2 months but the min i stop them the itching comes back...

thnx for your time
Answered by Dr. Sunil.N 32 minutes later
Hi again,

No , it a rare possibility for a virus to stay life long without producing serious illness except HIV ,Hpv, Herpes etc.

Well there is no test to determine all the virus at once , but you can get disease specific tests to rule out the viruses involved.

Stopping the antiallergics causes the itching to come back again this is enough proof to say that the condition is a allergic reaction . Now effort has to be put in knowing the allergen causing it .

Hope this answers your query in complete.