How to control high ccholesterol?

Hello , I am attaching my reports , please go thru the same & comment . Anything which I should take care of , anything which is alarming ? Please advice
Posted Sun, 23 Feb 2014 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Anantharamakrishnan 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Elevated LDL-C / life style changes and repeat Detailed Answer: Dear friend, Welcome to Health Care Magic Most of the tests are normal – except high LDL-C (Cholesterol) / and borderline SGOT & SGPT (2 liver enzymes)… ________________________________________________________________ There are subdivisions of cholesterol – LDL, HDL, and so on. LDL is bad cholesterol – lower, the better. HDL is good cholesterol – higher, the better. In the absence of any other risk factor 100 is ideal for LDL-C. In the presence of ischemia, 70 should be the aim. Keep your weight to normal / even a little less Quit smoking, if you are a smoker Do regular EXERCISE – say walking or jogging - 30 minutes a day / at least 5 days in a week. Isometric exercise (like bull worker) is bad. Healthy FOOD is a must. Avoid saturated fats – coconut oil, palm oil, butter, ghee, full cream milk...Avoid junk foods in particular – French fries have palm oil / Pizza has cheese / Indian sweets are made in ghee.../ Change to Poly-un-saturated oil – like sun flower oil. / Include Mono-un-saturated oil – Olive oil. Repeat the test in 6 weeks. Cholesterol can still be high, in spite of diet and exercise – you need drugs; Because it is also manufactured in the liver – and that is determined by heredity. Statin is the first choice. Some start it straight away – even with normal levels, even without problems (Primary Prophylaxis) __________________________________________________________ The enzymes are borderline / they are considered ‘significant’ if 3 times or above the upper limit… Nothing to worry Nothing need be done – except to avoid alcohol / reduce oravoid drugs like Paracetamol Repeat along with lipids… _____________________________________________________________ Good luck Take care Wishing all well God bless
Follow-up: How to control high ccholesterol? 24 minutes later
shall I start this medicne statin or wait ?
Answered by Dr. Anantharamakrishnan 20 minutes later
Brief Answer: Wait! Detailed Answer: Hi You can wait - level not extremely high; not an immediate threat Go for life style changes Repeat after 6 to 8 weeks Then - medicine, if needed... Regards