How to confrim normal development in a child?

Hello Doctor, My son is 3.5 months old (11/11/2013). Mine was normal delivery without any complications. My son was 3.47 kg healthy kid during birth. He is growing up well without any health issues. As 3.5 months old kid, 1. He gives social smile. 2. He can differentiate between familiar and strange faces. 3. He is very active baby with lot of sweet koos, body movements and smiles. 4. His weight is 7.5 KGS. 5. He is only on breast feed, we don’t give him anything else. I have few concerns on the following points. 1. Most of the time when he sleeps his face will be towards right. Will this cause any problems? 2. He does not respond to me every time when I call him. But he always responds very well to his grandparents. 3. Every time when he tries to roll over someone has to help him by holding his hands. Otherwise he starts crying and most of the time he does not roll over. We don’t put any pressure, we just hold his hands. And when we provide support to him every time he rolls over. 4. He can lift his face and see everywhere. When he tries to crawl, he can pull/push his legs well, but cannot push/pull his hands/arms. Then he starts biting his hands and cries a lot. Since I get to hear babies starts rolling over by 3 months, I wanted to know are these behaviors normal? Or should I be worried about anything specific? Regards XXXXXXX
Posted Mon, 17 Mar 2014 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Synthyia Bhagat 23 minutes later
Brief Answer: relax. Detailed Answer: Hi XXXXXXX Thanks for writing to us.. I understand your concern. Relax,there is nothing to worry. First I appreciate that you have given exclusive breastfeeding to your baby. Continue breastfeeding till 6 months of age. Your baby is attaining all milestones as per age. There is nothing to worry ,every baby is different and small variations are normal. Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can help further. Wishing your little XXXXXXX good health. God bless...
Follow-up: How to confrim normal development in a child? 29 minutes later
Hello Doctor, Thanks for the clarifying my concerns, I was bit concerned thinking that if his hips and hands have got adequate strength or not? Also I missed out to point another things, he seems to be very much fond of ceiling fan. He likes to watch the ceiling fan, if it is not rotating he indicates us it's not rotating. Is it normal for babies liking things like ceiling fan? Regards XXXXXXX
Answered by Dr. Synthyia Bhagat 10 minutes later
Brief Answer: hi Detailed Answer: Thanks XXXXXXX for your follow up. It will take about 2 weeks till he will be able to bear his weight on hands. Yes infants like things like ceiling is totally normal. Hope this helps. Happy parenting.....