How to concive after a Vasectomy?

Infertility Specialist
this question is unrelated to my other question. my partner has had a vasectomy. I want to have another baby. I'm very fertile, so I am afraid of ivf, because I will almost for sure have multiples. I get pregnant every time I ovulate if I have sex within a week of the time. he does not want to reverse because of the pain and we only want ONE more. is there any other option, not trying to be funny but like a "turkey baster" method or something like that? or does it HAVE to be IVF or reversal? and how much would it cost, and do you know of any good dr's (what kind of dr would handle this?) in Tucson AZ?
Posted Mon, 3 Mar 2014 in Infertility Problem
Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 1 hour later
Brief Answer: IVF or Reversal Detailed Answer: Hi, Welcome to healthcaremagic. I read your query and I understand your concerns. Following is my reply: 1) Vasectomy involves complete closure of the ducts that carry sperm to outside. Hence it is not possible to conceive even using XXXXXXX baster method or IUI because there are no sperms seen in the ejaculate of your partner. 2) IVF / ICSI is the only alternative technique where sperms are collected by TESA or PESA technique which involves collecting sperms from his testis or epidydimis using a needle. 3) Multiple pregnancies can be avoided in IVF by transferring only one embryo which will not result in multiple pregnancy. You can have only one baby. 4) Your partner can undergo reversal as it is done under anesthesia and not really very painful. But the reversal chances are not hundred percent and depends on extent of damage during the vasectomy and length of duct involved. 5) So let him go ahead with reversal. If dont conceive after reversal, go for IVF/ICSI after 6 months. 6) I have no idea of Tucson AZ. Please google for IVF centre in Tucson AZ and if possible ask your GP or gynecologist for best IVF centre around. Let me know if you have any more queries. Regards, Dr. Mahesh Koregol IVF & Infertility Specialist