How to come off psychopharmacological drugs?

Are there doctors who specialize in helping people come off psychopharmacological drugs? I am on Seroquel, klonopin, Adderall, and Prozac, plus genotropin, axiron, and arimidex. I was just recently diagnosed with growth hormone deficiency, and would like to give my liver a break. Psychiatrists don't seem to want to or know how to help you with tapering off psychiatric drugs.
Posted Thu, 13 Feb 2014 in Smoking and Alcohol Addiction
Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 3 hours later
Brief Answer: yes, there are specialists for the same Detailed Answer: Hello, I am sorry about your current health concern. It is really surprising that the psychiatrists are not wanting to help you. You are on many drugs. Yes, it is good to give a break to your liver. You could skip or taper off some of these medicines. Who were the doctors that prescribed this? Can't you get back to them to taper off the dose? Psychiatrists are the ones who help you with tapering off the medicines. Definitely, it is them and no other specialists. In case, your psychiatrists are not available, then your primary care physician can help you with it. Alternatively, the same primary care physician can refer you to a new psychiatrist who can help with tapering the medicines. Please talk to your doctor again about the same. It is definitely important for you to undergo a re-evaluation of your status, and get yourself removed from some of these medicines. I am sorry but you need to help yourself out of this. So, please talk to your doctor again about the same. Let me know if there is something that I could help you with. Wish you good health always. Regards,