How to avoid skin tanning?

Jul 2012

Hi Doctor, I go swimming everyday after sunset.. still my skin has tanned... could you please help me avoid and also help me get over the XXXXXXX .

Posted Mon, 29 Oct 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Praveen Rodrigues 16 minutes later
Hi there XXXXXXX,
Where do you go swimming? I take it it is a 'pool' as note your location states Bangalore. Is the pool chlorinated? Is it 'ozone' treated? It is quite possible that your skin reacted to the same. One would ideally like to see your level of XXXXXXX before prescribing any creams/lotions. Ideally too, one would require to use some sort of 'protective' cream/lotion that is water-resitant before going into the pool to prevent this in the future. Is it possible for you to click a good clear snap & upload the same?
Cheers & await your responses.
Dr Praveen Rodrigues MD
Dermatologist, Cosmetologist, Venereologist
XXXXXXX Hospital, Bangalore, India.
Follow-up: How to avoid skin tanning? 12 minutes later

The water is chlorinated.. My skin is not all that tanned.. but want to be cautious... as its been just 5 days since i m going swimming and people are able to make out that i m tanned.

Pleas help me with a good lotion to get rid of the XXXXXXX and avoid tanning.

Answered by Dr. Praveen Rodrigues 4 hours later
Bioderma has a good lotion called "white objective" that may do the job for you.
Trust it helps. Do use a protective cream before entering the water as chlorine may be darkening your skin..cheers!
Dr Praveen Rodrigues MD