How to avoid eye power increase ?
User rating for this question
My daughter 5 yrs old is having cylindrical eye sight power 0.5 . Doctor advised her to wear specs but not compulsorily. She is watching tv continuously for minimum one hour everyday. How to protect her from getting more power? Please give some food tips too.
Posted Thu, 6 Feb 2014 in Vision and Eye Disorders
Answered by Dr. N. K. Misra 3 hours later
My Dear, Thanks for sending your query to us. your daughter has a very small power which will be useful if she gets eye strain.Such small children do not get much of eye strain other than too much of video games ,which definetly put avoidable strain on the eye. you have to take care of general health of the child and proper balanced diet,which is good for the body is again good for the eyes,including milk,fruits and vegetables. At times it is difficult to force the children to wear such small powers as they as such do not feel benifited by these glasses. Regular yearly follow up is mandatory,till she is about 18. Progression is a natural phenomenon and you do not have too much of control over this other than taking care of the health of the child including nutretion and exercise/sports. There is apparently not much of cause of worry and please do get back to me in case of any further query in this regard.
People also viewed
- Will weed show up in menstrual blood
- Pasty red menstrual blood
- How to avoid eye power increase
- Is problems with memory a side effect of xalatan?
- Diet for eye power increase
- Is red, irritated eyes a side effect of gleevec?
- Is blurred vision a side effect of bicalutamide?
- How to stop the eye power increasing
- Is red, swollen skin a side effect of cordarone?
- How to increase loss eye power
- Is blurred vision a side effect of azithromycin?
- Navel pain in men blood
- Why is my menstrual blood orange
- Thick paste menstrual blood
- Problems of increasing eye power