How tall can a child become by playing basketball?

my child is very short for his age ,how taller can he become with basketball(how many cm's),i am short myself...
Posted Tue, 2 Oct 2012 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Sumitra Kumar Mukherjee 3 hours later
Thank you for your query.
This is a myth that to be a basketball player one should be 200.66cm. Several short players have done an excellent job as basket ball players .The child usually follow either father's height or mother's height, if one of the parent is tall. If both parents are tall the child will be tall and if both parents are short the child will be short. I think your child is following your height. So long your child has given good training and encouragement he will be good basket ball player. His height will not be a barrier.
I hope i have addressed your concerns.
Follow-up: How tall can a child become by playing basketball? 2 hours later
hello again Dr,

so is it a myth milk and basketball makes you tall

Answered by Dr. Sumitra Kumar Mukherjee 1 hour later
That is correct. The growth is determined by genes. Nutritional factors also play part a part. If a child is malnourished during growing period due to illness or lack of good diet his/her growth may be impaired. I do not think playing basket ball or milk has got any thing to do with growth of an individual.