How soon can I recover from acromio-clavicular luxation?

Hello i have something in my shoulder called AC luxation (tossy 3.) I am two weeks after surgery and its going pretty great but i would like to ask few questions about future.
Posted Sat, 28 Apr 2012 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Jasvinder Singh 1 hour later

The treatment of acromioclavicular joint injuries varies according to the severity or grade of the injury. Since you have had the surgery, it may take a longer time to return to full function. Postoperatively, the arm is supported in a sling for up to 6 weeks.

After 2 weeks, you are allowed to use the arm for daily activities at waist level. After 6 weeks, the sling or orthosis is discontinued, overhead activities are allowed and then stretching and strengthening are progressed gradually. Complete range of motion may occur after 4-6 months of surgery.

Hope this answers your query. If you have additional questions or follow up queries then please do not hesitate in writing to us. I will be happy to answer your queries.