How often can I do chemical peeling? Suffering from hyperpigmentation of face and neck.

dear sir
i am suffering from hyper pigmentaions on face and neck.i have started TCA chemical peeling at home.i am using hydroquinon 1 %+ steriod cream at time i am using 30 SPF sun screen cream.

my question is how often i can do chemical peeling(frequency of chemical peeilng schedual)
and how much time require to complete cure.

thanking you
Posted Wed, 18 Apr 2012 in Pigmentation Problems
Answered by Dr. Shainaz Arif Kaware 52 minutes later

Since you have not mentioned here I guess you are using the strength of 25% of TCA (Trichloroacetic acid) solution. Peeling with TCA will take a week to 10 days to get back to near normal as the use of TCA will make it look like a bad sunburn. During these periods you should use protection from sun exposure and wait till it gets repaired which you are using right now.

Just in case if you require a repeat of the application of TCA you will have to wait for atleast 6 weeks.

So if the desired result is achieved then do not use and as for frequency you asked you should not use it earlier than 6 weeks.

Hope I have answered your query. Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.

Follow-up: How often can I do chemical peeling? Suffering from hyperpigmentation of face and neck. 2 hours later
thank you sir for your promt reply.i would like to know if my skin is repaired within 10 days,should i use it after 10 days? and how much time it will take for total positive results.i am using hydroquin cream is advisable or stop to use as i have not get any result.what is other option to revert pigmentation or stop.

thank you

Answered by Dr. Shainaz Arif Kaware 17 minutes later

Thanks for writing back

Even if your skin is repaired within 10 days repeat application of TCA should not be done for atleast 6 weeks, because TCA peeling is more sensitive to sunlight.

The time taken for good result varies from person to person and the type or rather the reason of pigmentation.

Another thing I would suggest is that if you don't get the desired effect in 2 applications then it is better to consult your Dermatologist. The other options that are available are Laser treatment and Cryosurgery. They can be tried under care of your dermatologist.

As far as Hydroquin cream, if you are not getting desired effect in skin color, I would suggest to stop it. Continue with your regular sunscreen use though.

Hope I have answered all your queries. Please do accept the answer if you do not have any further queries.

Take care and Regards