How my baby should be dressed in hot climate?

My wife delivered a baby girl on oct 27 2013 and baby weighed 2750 grams at the time of birth. Baby lost 500 grams of weight in just a week and we were informed that it might have happened because of the hot climate here. Baby is slowly recovering now and looks like ahe just started outt8ng on weight. My main concern now is to know how should both baby and mother dressed up in this hot weather. should thet still be wearing warm clothes instead of weather or is it ok to dress up lightly based on weather.
Posted Thu, 28 Nov 2013 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Gaurav Nigam 54 minutes later
Brief Answer: Detailed below Detailed Answer: Greetings, A weight of 2750 grams is not bad to start with. There is a normal tendency of baby to reduce weight and it takes around ten days to come back to its original weight and thereafter the weight start increasing. So coming to the point of how babies should be kept in warm or hot climates. See it depends. if you are having a centrally air conditioned environment a 26 to 28 degree Celsius is a very perfect temp of a child where he can be kept in loose cotton clothes. If we do not have such environment then also we need to take care of two things. Firstly, the temperature should not lead to excessive water loss and secondly it should not lead to overheat in the baby. Therefore, in this case a balance of loose cotton clothes but trying to increase the humidity of the environment using humidifiers is a good option. Hope this helps you.