How long will metamucil take to get me sick if iam allergic to it?
User rating for this question
If i was allergic to metamucil, how long before i feel sick after it?
Posted Wed, 5 Mar 2014 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Shafi Ullah Khan 2 hours later
Brief Answer: XXXXXXX 72 hours, Visit ER for emergency Detailed Answer: Good day XXXX Thank you for asking. I am Dr S XXXXXXX and i would like to help you with your concerns for metamucil and its troubles duration in case of being allergic to it. Mr XXXXXXX if allergy / Hypersensitivity to it is determined then it is contra indicated. And regarding the allergies symptoms they usually resolve in a day or two with proper anti hypersensitivity protocol of antihistamines, steroid and epinephrines etc. And conditions like GI obstruction, fecal impaction, symptoms of appendicitis or acute surgical abdomen, GI ulceration, dysphagia, rectal bleeding also make its use contra indicated. Metamucil usually doesn't get absorbed from Gi tract as it is a bulk forming laxative and it stays in the gut for maximum 72 hours so all the symptoms relating to it should subside with in 72 hours. Better would be to visit ER if the hypersensitivity is an issue and if patient is stable seeking a gastroenterologist opinion would be a good idea. Hope this answer finds you in good faith Mr XXXXXXX Seek a diet and lifestyle modifications for the issue of constipation and good toilet habits with constant touch to gastroenterologist would help. Take care and don't forget to close the discussion please. Regards XXXXXXX
People also viewed
- Taking sudafed and amlodipene
- What causes nausea after taking metamucil
- Moong dal and rbc
- Can i take metamucil with oxyelite pro
- Amlodipine and itchy bum
- Can i take metamucil for difficulty passing stool ?
- Can amlodipine besylate cause anemia
- Can i take metamucil with inderal
- Can amlodipine cause elevated potassium level
- Having pain in and around anus taking metamucil suggest
- Amlodipine bisoprolol available country
- Dalacin c groin rash
- Moong dal with facial kit
- Moong dal for tongue ulcer
- Splits for dogs with radial nerve damage