How long will I be safe after exposure to stomach virus?

I was exposed to stomach virus on 24th. how long till I know Im safe from getting it?
Posted Sun, 12 Jan 2014 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Klerida Shehu 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Refers to the following answer. Detailed Answer: Hi, I read your query and understood your concern. Usually after being exposed to stomach virus you should develop stomach flu within next 24-72 hours. However in some case the disease may begins within a week. So wait for more 5 days and than if the disease doesn't develop than you are safe from getting it. Hope I answered to your query. Dr. Klerida