How long to keep clobetasol propionate solution on scalp before hair wash?

I have RX for clobetasol proprionate solution for scalp (lechin planopilaris)-- after applying, how long before I can wash hair that day? What is th half life of the topical med?
Posted Fri, 1 Nov 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 16 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Overnight application

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for the query,
It is for once daily use.
The minimum contact period is 4 hours but it is better if it is applied and left overnight.
Let me know if you have any other doubts .
Thank you
Follow-up: How long to keep clobetasol propionate solution on scalp before hair wash? 45 minutes later
Mine is .05% solution to be used 2x per day. So 4 hrs is optimal absoption. Bedtime will be no problem. am tying to figure out morning sequence--my application site is frontal hair line and an inch back onto the scalp. Perhaps it will dry enough after an hour to do something with my hair
Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 3 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Details below

Detailed Answer:
Actually even once application is more than enough.
Best is you apply in night and let it remain there overnight.
In early morning you can apply it once again and let it be there for one or two hours and then wash.
Hope that works for you.
Thank you