How long might it take for OAB symptoms to abate after irritating foods are eliminated from diet?

Posted Mon, 10 Mar 2014 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Saul Weinreb 3 hours later
Brief Answer: Detailed Answer: Hi, Thank you for using HCM, I would love to help you. In general, assuming that the irritating foods were te cause of the oab, you should start feeling better several days after changing your diet. that is because your body first has to clear the metabolites that were in the food that caused the bladder irritation, and then the inflammation in the lining of the bladder needs to begin to heal. however, it may take a week to ten days before the bladder has completely healed making you feel totally better. If it still doesn't work, them you should consider if maybe another dietary change needs to be made, or neurological causes should be considered. I hope this answers your question, please let me know if I can be of further assistance. Regards.