How long does the combiflam effect last?

Question
how long does the combiflam effect last for an 21 years male
Posted Sun, 16 Feb 2014 in Medicines and Side Effects

Answered by Dr. Manjeth Kumar G 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Congestion in Vas & Varicocele. 3 to 6 hours. Detailed Answer: Hello, I have gone through your query and understand your concern. Masturbation or sexual arousal that does not terminate in ejaculation can cause congestion in the sperm carrying tubes, resulting in a dull aching sensation in the testicle. This is harmless and pain disappears within a few hours or in a day. Felling of heaviness in left testicle may be due to varicocele. The veins that drain blood away from the testicles in the scrotum can become varicose. It can be easily identified by examination. This may affect your fertility. It can be corrected by surgery. Combiflam is a combination of Ibuprofen and Paracetamol. Effectiveness of drugs vary from individual to individual. Usually the effectiveness starts in 15 to 30 minutes after intake and may last for 3 to 6 hours. Hope this helps. Please write back for further queries. Wishing you good health.

Follow-up: How long does the combiflam effect last? 4 hours later
That means should I go for a surgery right now or the heavyness around the left testacle can be cured by taking any drugs or any other remedies.And now I am having some fear to masturbate,any comment on this? Right now can I play any sport freely?

Answered by Dr. Manjeth Kumar G 10 hours later
Brief Answer: Not Necessary. Pain killers and Athletic support Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for your reply. First thing you have to do is confirm whether you have varicocele or not by routine physical examination by your treating doctor. Most varicoceles are easy to diagnose and many don't need treatment. With time, varicoceles may enlarge and become more noticeable. If your discomfort is worry some and increasing in future, you may need surgery varicocele repair. There is no medical treatment for Varicocele. But you can take Pain killers like Ibuprofen for pain. Wear snug-fitting underwear, such as briefs, or an athletic supporter. Just about everybody. Masturbation is a very common behavior and a good way of relieving the sexual tension. But it should be moderate and non vigorous. Some common problems in Masturbation is due to Frequent or rough masturbation as well as vigorous and forceful masturbation. You can play any sports. But better wear good athletic supporter while playing games. Hope this helps. Please write back for further queries. Wishing you good health.

I have consulted the doctor and he said there is no major issue and he gave some medicines for 5 days and suggested to wear scrotal bandage. But I am not able to convince with him.I have read about varicocele etc in the internet and I want to know how should I examine them physically.How does a lump feel like and are there any symptoms to find whether I am suffering from any testicle related problem .And any suggestions on how to do safe masturbation.

Answered by Dr. Manjeth Kumar G 9 hours later
Brief Answer: Not a major issue. bag of worms. Baby oil or lubri Detailed Answer: Hello, Yes. This is not a major issue. Just use the pain medicines and wear the scrotal bandage as prescribed your treating doctor. You can self examine the scrotum for any Varicocele. Perform this test during or after a shower. This way, the scrotal skin is warm and relaxed. It's best to do the test while standing. Gently feel your scrotal sac to locate a testicle. Hold the testicle with one hand while firmly but gently rolling the fingers of the other hand over the testicle to examine the entire surface. Repeat the procedure with the other testicle. I f you have the varicocele, you may feel soft collection of thin tubes above the testicle and it may be a collection of widened veins like " Bag of worms". For safe masturbation, Allocate the particular time twice or thrice in week. I usually do not encourage masturbation regularly ( ie multiple times per day). Because this may ruin your time and mind. In fact many young male, get fear and distressed by their thoughts of being addicted to masturbation. Find the pleasant place like bedroom for masturbation. Use baby oil or lubricant cream to masturbate. This may decrease friction pain and congestion. Hope this helps. please write back for further queries. Wishing you good health.

Follow-up: How long does the combiflam effect last? 38 hours later
Continuing my above problem now I am feeling much pain in my left testicle and I can feel some lump like thing above my left testicle and it is causing pain which is worrying me.Swelling is now significant and I can feel and see it now.I am feeling that I am affected with varicocele and what should I do now.Is over masturbation done by me is the cause ? I am a student and I am really worried how my parents will react to this. What should I do now?How can I get cured please help me.

Answered by Dr. Manjeth Kumar G 2 hours later
Brief Answer: Epididymitis. Need Antibiotics and Pain killers. Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for your reply. As the pain is severe and feeling a lump above the testicle is not a varicocele. Further masturbation does not affect varicocele. I suspect it to be due to Epididymitis. Too frequent or too infrequent ejaculation, sexual arousal without ejaculation, and withdraw at the time of ejaculation are just
 some of the factors that may predispose to epididymitis. The epididymis is the tubular structure located behind the testicle that drains sperm from 
the testis to the vas deferens and eventually out the ejaculatory ducts and then into Urethra. Typical signs of epididymitis are swelling of the scrotal skin with loss of the normal skin folds (rugae), redness of the skin, enlargement of the epididymis ( lump above the testicle) and testicle, and local tenderness and pain that is eased by elevation of the testicle. It can be treated with antibiotics like Ciprofloxacin and Painkillers like Ibuprofen. Wearing of scrotal support and warm baths will be helpful. Thus you need further Physical examination, Urinalysis and Ultrasound Scrotum to confirm the diagnosis. Usually the pain is gone in a few days but the swelling may persist for several weeks. Treatment should be instituted by a urologist after a proper and prompt evaluation. Hope this helps. Please write back for further queries. Wishing you good health.

Follow-up: How long does the combiflam effect last? 12 hours later
Yes doctor I have searched about epididymis in net and my syptoms are similar to what they have written.So is there anything to worry.I will go to the doctor tomorrow but before that I want to know that does masturbation helps in clearing epididymis as I have read in the internet.Or is it safe to have masturbation now. And please give me an idea about warm baths and how swelling can be reduced quickly.After 2 weeks I have an important tournament to be played,will I be able to return for practices in a week ?

Brief Answer: Do not Masturbate.Reduced physical activity & Rest Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for your reply. Usually it may take upto one or two weeks to relieve inflammation and pain. But swelling may take upto 3 months to subside. There is not a need to consider that masturbating will help with the pain, when in fact you are not going be affected by it. Masturbation may cause inflammation and worsen your epididymitis. I believe that you should not do this and wait for the course of your antibiotics and pain killers to complete before you engage in any form of Masturbation or sexual activity. Warm bath is nothing but Sitting in a warm water tub for 20 minutes a day helps lessen inflammation. You need scrotal support, with an athletic supporter or tight jockey style underwear, lessens the tension of the spermatic cord. As I already said, Non Sterioidal Anti Inflammatory Drugs like Ibuprofen and Warm Bath, Scrotal Support with Rest, if necessary antibiotics ( if Your examination and Investigation shows any infection signs) can provide pain relief and reduce swelling quickly. It is not advisable to engage in any vigorous physical activity before getting cured. Because Reduction in physical activity and scrotal support are important factor in treating the epididymitis. Hope this helps. Please write back for further queries. Wishing you good health.

Follow-up: How long does the combiflam effect last? 21 hours later
Hello doctor today I went for blood test and it came totally fine.But as I said I am having swelling/lump inside the sac and slight pain,inflammation and also discomfort doctor said to me to go for ultrasonography.Actually I have a major Football tournament coming in 2 weeks,I want to know whether I will be fit and able to play it or not and can u suggest any kind of diet that can help my problem.And which one helps application of ice pack or having warm bath?

Brief Answer: No. You should not play. Both Alternatively. Fruit Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for your reply. As i already said, you should not play for few weeks till the inflammation and the pain are cleared. Because, This game needs vigorous physical activity and may prolong the healing and chronicity of epidydimitis. If you got injured in scrotum, then it makes the epididymitis worse. There is no specific diet for Epididymitis. You can take food as usual include plenty of fruits and vegetables in foods. As they are rich in antioxidants and vitamins which promote healing. You can have both Ice pack and warm bath alternatively. both are indented to reduce pain and inflammation. Give rest and take medications and get cured. Hope this helps. Please write back for further queries. Wishing you good health.