How long does mucinex dm stay in the system? How to get rid of it?

ENT Specialist
Question
If take mucinex dm for 2 weeks how long is it in your system and how do you get rid of it
Posted Mon, 3 Dec 2012 in Medicines and Side Effects

Answered by Dr. Sumit Bhatti 2 hours later

Thank you for your query.

1. Mucines DM contains gextropmethorphan and guaifenesin.

2. The elimination half life of both the ingredients is 3 to 4 hours.

3. So half a day or so will result in complete elimination of the medicine from the body.

4. You may inform your parents or a guardian if you suspect that there is any side effect or drug interaction bothering you.

I hope that I have answered your queries. If you have any further questions, I will be available to answer them.

Regards.