How long does it take to get Fibromyalgia under control....

Excellent

Rheumatologist
Question
My Rehumatologist advised it could be up to 2 years.
I find ifbi have a day visiting spec ialist I am on the bed for 3 days..the first I cant shower myself and generally can shower myself by the second late afternoon yet still bed bound on third day. Its very frustration...I have muscle burning pain..fatigue big time..headaches...
Pain acute between my shoulder blades and chest..at night. I am wondering how long this goes for.

What drugs should be used..
Posted Mon, 20 Nov 2017 in Lupus

Answered by Dr. Shruti Rijhwani 7 hours later
Brief Answer:
It varies with the patient.

Detailed Answer:
Dear Madam,

Thank you for posting your query on HCM.

Well looking into your problem I will like to tell you that Fibromyalgia takes at least 3 months to come under control. But it can't be generalized.. It varies from patient to patient. The mainstay of treatment is pain neuromodulators like amitryptylline, duloxetine etc. For your pain relief you can take paracetamol till the time other medications get control of disease.

Dr Shruti.