How long does it take heart to heal after an ablation procedure?

I just went through an ablation procedure two and a half weeks ago for treatment of afib. How long before it is safe to continue my regular activities and how long does it take to fully recover from this procedure. It has taken a toll on me as I have been suffering with this condition since May of last year. Previous to this I underwent 2 cardioversions. One only lasted for 24 hours, the other one a little longer. Not only has it taken a physical toll on me but also a mental one. I am a very positive person normally, but am finding it hard to maintain that attitude. I am also on 8 different meds, including Xarelto, Ditilizam and Amiodarone. My doctor is planning on gradually taking me off some of these over the next 3-6 months, but could some or all of these be accounting for how I feel?
Posted Thu, 27 Feb 2014 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Benard Shehu 59 minutes later
Brief Answer: Can start normal activities by now... Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for your query. Usually, it will take up to 3 months for the heart to heal after ablation procedure. With regards to getting back to the normal activities, usually, patients are advised to get back to normal activities within the 10 days after the ablation. You are saying to have ablation 2 and half weeks ago, so, you should be on normal activities by now. Please bare in mind to keep following up with your cardiologist and by holter monitoring. The only problems seen are related to cicatrization and healing of the heart tissue. All the best! Dr.Benard Feel free to ask me other questions you might have!
Follow-up: How long does it take heart to heal after an ablation procedure? 1 hour later
I am wondering if in the healing process it is normal to feel good, almost like my old self for a couple of days and then have a day or so where I may get some palpitations , have no energy, or no appetite....or could this to some degree be from the meds I am taking also?
Answered by Dr. Benard Shehu 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Normal feelings during healing process... Detailed Answer: Hi again, Thank you for following up. It is normal to feel good and some other days, you might get some palpitations, having no energy or apetite. It is part of healing process and not related to the meds you are using. Once again, do not worry as long as your general health conditions is getting improved after ablation. All the best! Dr.Benard