How long does Genotropin shots take to increase energy level?
User rating for this question
Posted Tue, 18 Feb 2014 in Thyroid Problem and Hormonal Problems
Answered by Dr. Shehzad Topiwala 4 hours later
Brief Answer: Months Detailed Answer: The latest Endocrine Society guidelines on this subject were released in 2011 (updated form the 2006 version) and have re-emphasized the fact that benefits from GH therapy take several months to take effect. The specific aspects that you are enquiring about such as energy levels, social isolation and well being are related body composition changes that occur as a consequence of GH treatment as well as the quality of life improvements that follow. But these typically take 3-6 months before substantive improvements are perceptible. However, individual responses to treatment may take more or less time, depending on the degree of GH deficiency and the duration for which it has been there. Furthermore restoration of GH levels (as evidenced by IGF1 levels) in the normal range is key to success. Often treatment is begun with an empiric dose and adjusted at monthly intervals till reasonable blood levels are attained. This phase itself can take couple months to arrive at the optimal dose for a given person. The full benefits of GH treatment are later realized once good levels are steady in the blood for several weeks to months.
People also viewed
- How to inject genotropin
- Is catapres used in the treatment of pheochromocytoma diagnosis?
- Why do i get miscarriages everytime
- How long does genotropin shots take to increase energy level
- How to swallow food after diagnosed with esophageal cancer
- What is genotropin
- Is tirosint used in the treatment of hypothyroidism, post thyroidectomy ?
- Can i take synthroid for hypothyroidism, after thyroid removal ?
- Genotropin how supplied
- Is norditropin nordiflex used in the treatment of hypopituitarism?
- Why do i feel pain in my groin area
- Are these symptoms associated with the thyroid nodule
- I am suffering from hypopituitarism, can i take genotropin?
- What does this signify by elevated sgpt sgot
- Is armour thyroid used in the treatment of hashimoto's disease ?