How long after the implant removal can pregnancy occur?

hi i had the implant taken out last week on the 4th i got a period on the 6th and is still going,how long after removal can i fall pregnant
Posted Wed, 2 May 2012 in Getting Pregnant
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 2 hours later
After removing of implant, the protection from pregnancy is over. If you will go for an unprotected sex there is every chance of you getting pregnant.
You need to use other contraceptives to be safe.
If you are planning for a baby then it is best to wait for at least 3-4 months before you conceive so that the effect of hormones washes off from your body and normal regular ovulation resumes.
I hope my answer and recommendations are adequate and helpful. Waiting for your further follow up queries if any.

Follow-up: How long after the implant removal can pregnancy occur? 20 hours later
why do i need to wait,and if i dont wait what will happen..
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 5 hours later

Thanks for writing again.

It takes some time for the normal cyclic hormonal variations to fall back in place after you had a progesterone only implant. Such cyclic hormonal changes are responsible for ovulation.

It is best to wait for 2-3 months so that the synthetic hormone completely washes out from your body.

However if you conceive, there is no likely effect on the child.

Hope I have answered your query.