How is pain due to acid peptic disease treated ?

Hi, Am a 31 yr old female with hypothyroidism, currently have a head cold, last night had a burning sensation lower left side of ribs. Felt like my skin was on fire, this morning have had upper abdominal pain across just under my rib cage, on and off throughout the day. Just ate and suddenly felt my abdomen begin to tighten, dizziness and nausea. Have not vomited. Blood pressure checked recently and was fine. thanks
Posted Wed, 11 Apr 2012 in Peptic Ulcer
Answered by Dr. Sapan J. Pandya 1 hour later

You seem to be having pain due to ACID-PEPTIC DISEASE(gastritis like symptoms). It may have occurred in your case due to some medicine taken by you for cold. There are possibilities of ulcers to have developed and hence you have these symptoms of nausea, heart burn, etc which indicate towards an acid peptic disease.
Sometimes taking thyroxine for hypothyroidism also causes ACID-PEPTIC DISEASE.
You may consult your physician and take a Proton Pump Inhibitor like Omeprazole for relief.A few blood tests and ultrasound scan may be needed.
Also avoid taking any pain-killers as they increase the severity of ACID-PEPTIC DISEASE.
Also avoid spicy / oily food.
I hope I have solved your query. If needed I shall be available for follow-up.