How is neuritis treated? Had spinal fusion, broken titanium screw repaired. Leg pain. How long does this last?

How do you treat neuritis. I had a spinal fusionl5s1 last oct. Titanium screw broke in fen and caused severe pain. Had second surgery this XXXXXXX where they implanted a new cage and used bmp. Now I have severe pain down my leg. My doc thinks it is neuritis from using bmp. How long does this last and how would you treat it?
Posted Sun, 16 Sep 2012 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 5 hours later

The neuritis caused by BMP is rare, if it is suspected due to the same it could be due to mechanical irritation rather than any immune reaction.

Such irritative neuritis will recover soon after a layer of fibrous tissue grows around the involved nerve.This may take not more than a month.

You can speed up the recovery by taking medications like Pregabalin. Do discuss with your treating doctor for the dosage and course of the medication.

Taking Multivitamins on daily basis for a month or two will also help in maintaining the health in nerves.

Hope I answered your query.

Wish you speedy recovery.