How is nasal congestion treated ?

My name is XXXXXXX ,I'm 26 years old woman.
3 weeks ago ,I look at mirror and find out -my side of nose look bigger (mostly on the left side).I did not give it to much attention, I was sure it is just my fantasy or something like that .After few days I start feel very strange pressure and pain.The pain is shooting into eyes and all over face . Today I find out when i press side of nose or checks -The pain is even more bad.Some time I Fell my nose is stock and I breathing is some time hard.
It looks like the same pain I got bellow eyebrows /it is bit swollen and by pressure hurt )
The color of the skin is bit red but You cant even see it .I look on internet and it scared me diagnoses as facial cellulite or edema grrrrr...

I have lymph edema (I'm not diagnosed because doctors are not sure ,It is only guess)of the leg and hand ,I start be seriously scared it comes to the face also.In this case -I do not know what to do , it will be extremely hard to manage it .
i hope my English is good enough to understand ,( I m from Denmark )Thank you
Posted Mon, 7 May 2012 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Follow-up: How is nasal congestion treated ? 13 minutes later
I Forget to tell you
By press the side of nose or eyebrow place I feel i getting headache and strange dully sound comes after.
After the skin or the place around nose feels very heavy .
Answered by Dr. Robert Galamaga 21 minutes later
Hello and thank you for your question.

Your question is a good one and I will try to help you with some good information and recommendations regarding what is going on.

My first concern for you is that you may be suffering from a moderate infection. This can sometimes happen around the area of the nose and eyes. Generally with a infection it will cause swelling as well as pain with pressing on the skin in that area.

The best treatment for this would be a good broad-spectrum antibiotic. I would expect that if you obtain one of these antibiotics that your symptoms should slowly and gradually improve within 5 to 7 days.

I really think you should visit a physician for a comprehensive evaluation examination and a prescription for an appropriate antibiotic.

I thank you very much for submitting your question. I hope you have found my response to be both helpful and informative. If you have any additional concerns regarding your question I would be happy to address them.

Dr. Galamaga