Ask a Dentist   »  

How is muscle strain treated ?

my 1 year child had a fall yesterday 15:30 hrs and now she is having a little swelling and pain on her left shoulder and not moving her arm actively

Posted Fri, 13 Apr 2012 in TMJ
Answered by Dr. Jasvinder Singh 9 minutes later

I can understand your concern for these symptoms as a parent. Most likely it is due to muscle strain and injury to ligaments and tendons of the shoulder and upper arm but we have to rule out any fracture as well. Although at this age fracture is a relatively less possibility yet an x-ray clavicle and arm needs to be done to rule out even a small hair line fracture.

Apply some cold compresses by wrapping ice in a towel and consult her pediatrician as she may need good health.