Ask a Dentist   »  

How is muscle and soft tissue injury treated ?

I fell getting into my shower on April 4, 2011. I went to ER said that nothing was broken. My MD says that it will take time to heal. Now 3 months later, i still have a swollen area, gets red at times, have burning type pain and area is very hard. Should I worry?
Posted Mon, 7 May 2012 in TMJ
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 2 hours later

If after three months of injury, the area is still swollen and red then it needs to be examined properly and evaluated to know the cause. An injury without any broken bones usually does not take this long to heal.
The hardness of the area indicates that a muscle of presence of any hematoma or active infection inside.

I hope my answer and recommendations are adequate and helpful. Waiting for your further follow up queries if any.