How is hydrocele treated ?

Question
sir, i am 28 years old and i am suffering from hydrocele since last one year and it is not big also. What is the treatment for it and whether it can be cured without surgery.
XXXXXXX XXXXXXX
Posted Fri, 4 May 2012 in Testicle Problems

Answered by Dr. Mitaly 13 minutes later
Hi XXXXXXX XXXXXXX

Thanks for posting your query

Hydroceles are usually not XXXXXXX and if it is small in size, not increasing and is painless then it can be left as sometimes they regress on their own. But if even after a year also it is not disappearing or causing discomfort then it needs removal by surgery which is the only treatment option for it.It is a simple surgical procedure,is quite effective and has an excellent outcome after surgery.

There is another method in which Aspiration of the fluid is done but in that case fluid can recollect later.

Consider visiting a skilled Surgeon so that he can guide you accordingly.

Hope I have answered your query.I will be available for follow up if any.

Follow-up: How is hydrocele treated ? 21 hours later
dr, whether after surgery there will be any impact on sexual life. In case of the alternative method i.e without surgery what is the procedure and how it will work.what type of medicine i have to take and whether there will be any sideeffect of medicine. kindly explain it.

Answered by Dr. Mitaly 1 hour later
Hi again,

Thanks for follow up

Surgery has very good outcome and does not have any impact on the sexual life.

You have mentioned that the hydrocele is small in size so good prognosis can be expected.

The another method is in which the fluid collected is aspirated(removed) by a needle; but personally I would not recommend it as the fluid can collect again and the same problem would recur. And medications except few painkillers are not required after the procedure.

Wishing you Good Health!