How is hernia in scrotum treated ?

Question
I HAVE A LUMP IN SCROTUM ON THE LEFT SIDE WHICH IS MOSTLY EVIDENT AND VISBLE WHILE BATHING?
Posted Tue, 17 Apr 2012 in Testicle Problems

Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 33 minutes later

A lump in the scrotum in a healthy young male which is evident only during bathing and disappears on lying down most likely seems to be due to a hernia. If the mass is pulsatile in nature it can be a varicocele. If the swelling remains there all the time ,without any change in its size with no pain then it might be due fluid accumulation in the scrotal sac called as hydrocele.

Only a detailed clinical examination by a surgeon will be able to diagnose the problem. In both the cases, permanent treatment is surgery only while some preventive measures can be taken to stop increasing the size of the mass.

I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you. If there are additional concerns, I am available for your followups.