How is enterobacter infection treated without antibiotics ?

My son is 3.5 years. He has poisoned the body. He feels bad. In the analysis of feces, we found a bacterium of Enterobacteriaceae/Enterobakter (Number in the analysis of feces 2 * 10 in the eighth power). What can be treated with preparations from Europe, except for antibiotics? It is necessary to destroy the bacteria, but antibiotics can not be him. I need a list of all possible preparations that kill bacteria enterobacteria (Enetrobacter)?
Posted Fri, 20 Apr 2012 in Infections
Answered by Dr. Robert Galamaga 1 hour later
Hello and thanks for the query.

"Honestly it is absolutely necessary for antibiotic therapy". This is the only true and effective way to eradicate the pathogenic bacteria so the good bacteria can return and repopulate the colon.

Among the antibiotics include Polymyxin B,Levofloxacin (Levaquin), or ciprofloxacin,
Doripenem (Doribax), Imipenem/cilastatin (Primaxin), Meropenem (Merrem IV),
Cefepime (Maxipime), Trimethoprim-sulfamethoxazole (Septra, Bactrim),Ertapenem (Invanz), or Tigecycline (Tygacil).

Virtually all Enterobacter infections need antibiotic therapy and I would not wait to start this as it could become a severe illness.

Let me provide you a link to a reputable website which discusses this issue. You can review this and get back to me with any additional concerns which i would be happy to address. Thank you again for your query.

Dr. Galamaga

Follow-up: How is enterobacter infection treated without antibiotics ? 53 minutes later
Thank you for your reply. In my first treatment, and clearly written that any antibiotic Applying impossible. I would be very happy if he could give antibiotics to kill these harmful bacteria, such as Enterobakter. But unfortunately my baby paradoxical reaction to all medications. Please note for all drugs. He can not take antibiotics. I know the scheme of antibiotic therapy with antibiotics. Once again it is impossible to accept, and let it Pryyma the rule. I am worried about the question I already asked. Is there a regimen without the use of antibiotics? If you do not know about this scheme, please, do not know. I ask you to consult a leading specialist in this field. I am writing you in desperation, because no doctor can help. Treat this issue very seriously, as my child is very ill. Have you read my report, there is a history of the disease. Our doctors do not know what to do, one says you have to do plasmapheresis to kill Enterobakter. Another advises to take immunogolobulin human. I ask that you carefully review the whole situation, and ask your colleagues and let me demonstrate how the method of treatment without antibiotics? Sincerely, father of the child. Kiev, Ukraine
Answered by Dr. Robert Galamaga 7 hours later
Hello and thank you for the followup.

I did review the history you submitted and I am sorry to hear that your son has been experiencing this tremendous challenge to his health. Your initial question was a direct one asking if there is any treatment other than antibiotics for enterobacter infection to destroy the infection. My answer to this question is no as I indicated in the original reply.

If he does have an immunodeficiency and he is having a reaction to the toxic bacteria he may need immunoglobulin supplementation in addition to something like plasmapheresis. The plasmapheresis will filter his blood to remove toxic proteins. It seems he has more than a simple infection going on and I recommend you seek referral to a major medical referral center in your country with a university affiliation. I thorough review of his complete medical record is in order and a multi-specialty consultation is needed where physicians from multiple disciplines review the history and examine him in order to provide possible treatment options. In the absence of being able to examine him myself this is the best suggestion I have. I have spoken to several colleagues about this case and they agree a thorough review of his entire medical record is needed so that details of all treatments can be evaluated.

I thank you again for submitting your query. I remain available if you have additional concerns or clarifications you would like to discuss.

Dr. Galamaga