Ask a Urologist   »  

How is burning sensation on penis treated ?

I am feeling Burning on dick
Posted Mon, 16 Apr 2012 in Penis Problems
Answered by Dr. Jasvinder Singh 1 hour later

It will be very helpful for me in understanding your condition better if you could answer some of these questions:

1)     Since when are you having this burning sensation on the penis and may I know the aggravating and relieving factors?
2)     Is there any visible rash, itching, discharge, blisters or foul smell from the rash?
3)     Is there any discharge from the penis or any burning sensation inside the urethra?
4)     Do you have any known allergies to latex, soaps, detergents etc?
5)     Is there any history of any unprotected oral, vaginal or oral intercourse?
6)     Is there any burning urination as well?

This burning sensation can be due to many possibilities like STD’s, fungal infections, nerve compression or due to allergic reactions.

Please write back with the answers to these questions so that I can help you in a better way.

Hope this answers your query. If you have additional questions or follow up queries then please do not hesitate in writing to us. I will be happy to answer your queries.