How effective is self insemination method using syringe during ovulation?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Jul 2016
Jul 2016

Urologist
Question
I have been married since 3 years now. My husband is unable to ejaculate inside me although he can ejaculate through masturbation. he gets a good erection which lasts for 10-15 minutes, but is unable to complete the act and can't ejaculate inside me. Now we want to try for a child for which he has already done the semen analysis which is normal. he tries coming inside me just before he ejaculates through masturbation but he loses his erection immediately. Since he cannot ejaculate inside me, we use the self insemination method using the syringe when i am ovulating. How effective is this method? Also, how can he overcome this problem of not ejaculating inside me since this is proving to be more like a scientific experiment and not a natural process.
Posted Wed, 27 Nov 2013 in Men's Health

Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 15 hours later
Brief Answer: He needs to consult Urologist and Psychiatrist. Detailed Answer: Hello Thanks for your query,based on the facts that you have posted it appears that your husband has problem of what is called as Anejaculation. I shall be happy if you can post me few more details to help me to make comments on your problem 1) Does your husband have Diabetes? 2)Is he taking any medications ? 3)Does he get Orgasm during intravaginal intercourse? 4)Does he get sensation of ejaculation when he gets orgasm? 5)Does he have any stress factor? 6) Does he masturbate frequently? 7) Does he get retrograde ejaculation ?( This has to be ruled out by doing urine examination immediately after intercourse and orgasm for presence of sperms in urine) Since he ejaculates while masturbating and fails to ejaculate during intercourse this is called as situational anejaculation and most of the time it is either due to deep seated Psychological cause.or due to incomplete stimulation of genitals especially glans of the penis during intercourse. Please consult qualified Psychiatrist for counselling and Urologist/Infertility specialist for clinical evaluation to rule out retrograde ejaculation .and explore the other methods like artificial insemination or IVF to effect pregnancy and have a child. Hope I have answered your query

Follow-up: How effective is self insemination method using syringe during ovulation? 8 hours later
Dear Doctor, Thank you for your answer. Please find the answer to your questions: 1) Does your husband have Diabetes? - No 2)Is he taking any medications ? - No 3)Does he get Orgasm during intravaginal intercourse? - Sometimes 4)Does he get sensation of ejaculation when he gets orgasm? - No 5)Does he have any stress factor? - No 6) Does he masturbate frequently? - Yes 7) Does he get retrograde ejaculation ?( This has to be ruled out by doing urine examination immediately after intercourse and orgasm for presence of sperms in urine) - Not Sure, not done the tests. He has not been circumcised. Also, he has no erection problem as such. We have consulted with a Urologists who examined him & advised semen analysis which came out normal. We are yet to consult with a Psychiatrist.

Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 54 minutes later
Brief Answer: Need to consult qualified Psychiatrist. Detailed Answer: Hello Thanks for feed back. Since he gets ejaculation and orgasm while masturbating the Anejaculation that he has is called as situational anejaculation.This happens due to the fact that during masturbation one has sensation due to firm grip and pleasure (with hand) resulting into stimulation of sensory nerve endings in prepuce and glans that results in orgasm and ejaculation which he does not get in intravaginal intercourse.( There is no sensation of pleasure of grip in intravaginal sex.) Please ask him to refrain from masturbating for couple of months and observe whether he gets ejaculation and orgasm. Please consult qualified Psychiatrist for counselling and to find out any psychological root cause for anejaculation. Thanks and Regards. Dr.Patil.