How does low semen viscosity affect fertility?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
how does low semen viscosity affect fertility
Posted Sun, 22 Apr 2012 in Infertility Problem
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 3 hours later

Watery and thin semen viscosity is sometimes seen when you have intercourse or masturbation very frequently. This is usually not associated with decreased fertility.

A semen analysis will help in determining if there are any decreased sperm counts which may affect the fertility. Only low viscosity with normal semen analysis report does not affect the fertility.

The other causes of thin semen can be the infection of prostate gland or a lowered production of male hormone - testosterone. This can be diagnosed by having a culture and sensitivity of your semen sample and blood testosterone levels under the care of your urologist.

I hope this answers your query effectively.

In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.

Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.