How does compression of 3rd through 5th cervical spine affect brain?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
If you have a compression of your 3rd thru your 5th cervical spine disc how does it affect your brain.
Posted Sun, 16 Mar 2014 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 2 hours later
Brief Answer: Does not affect the brain. Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for posting your query. The mild edema of the 3rd to 5th cervical vertebra is not likely to affect the brain function. It can cause a neck pain and stiffness in neck with tingling and numbness in the ring and little finger with pain in the shoulder. It will not cause facial dropping. This is more commonly seen in stroke. You can consult a neurologist for a direct examination and evaluation. I hope this answers your query. In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out. Wishing you good health. Regards. Dr. Praveen Tayal. For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL