How do i grow hair longer & how often should i shampoo?

Hello Doctor,

I would like to have a long hair but my hair doesnt grow more than my shoulder. Could you please provide me some tips to have a lengthy hair. Also please let me know how often i can shampoo my hair.
Posted Sun, 10 Jun 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Gaurang Krishna 31 minutes later

Thanks for writing in.

The length of the hair is genetically determined. This depends on the structure of your hair cycle. Hair grows in the ANAGEN phase of hair cycle. SO the length of the hair is directly proportional to the duration of the anagen. People who have a shorter anagen phase have shorter hair. SO once the hair reaches a certain length, it falls off. This cannot be increased by any medication.

However, there are things you may do for good hair health.

Take a high protein diet. Avod hair massages, steams, sauna.
Drink plenty of water, take fresh fruits and XXXXXXX veggies.

You may shampoo your hair with a mild shampoo (preferrably containing a conditioner too). as frequently as you want.

I hope I have answered your query.

If you have any further question, please do not hesitate to ask me