How do I regain color on hammer toe and stop thick skin from growing on it?

How to regain color on my hammertoe and stop the thick skin from growing on it
Posted Tue, 2 Oct 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 25 minutes later
Welcome to healthcare Magic!
The skin over the hammer toe is exposed to excessive friction to whatever foot wear you use, per se the skin at a bent part is hyperkeratinised like our elbows, knees etc.
A good prevention is to avoid a foot wear that causes local friction.
Apply liberal amount of emollient cream at night and give hard scrub in the morning eg. you can apply Lactocalamine lotion and scrub in the morning with a hard tooth brush to remove excessive epithelial cells; and repeat the procedure weekly for maintenance.
Please try this and if you like, inform me in a Fresh Query / Follow up Query for further fine tuned opinion
Wish you a great health!