How do I get rid of Bartholin gland cyst naturally?

Question
How do I get rid of a Bartholin gland cyst naturally?
Posted Mon, 18 Jun 2012 in Natural and Home Remedies

Answered by Dr. Pragnesh Vachharajani 34 minutes later

Bartholin's cyst develops when the duct of the gland becomes blocked. The fluid produced by the gland then accumulates, causing the gland to swell and form a cyst. An abscess occurs when a cyst becomes infected.

In home treatment of Bartholin's cysts, the simplest method is to sit in the bathtub in a few inches of warm water. The water should not be so hot as to burn the skin but should be fairly warm. These soaks should be done for 10-15 minutes at a time, 3-4 times daily.

This treatment is frequently all that is needed for Bartholin's cysts. Abscesses often require drainage by a doctor.

Please look for pain and swelling which indicates infection and formation of abscess.

Such cases needs visit to a doctor for necessary treatment.

I hope this helps.

Please write again if you have something more to ask.

In case you do not have further query, please accept the answer.

Dr.Pragnesh

Follow-up: How do I get rid of Bartholin gland cyst naturally? 12 minutes later
Is there anything I should put in the water? I have read Tea Tree Oil, Witch XXXXXXX Epsom Salt (the epsom salt I have has eucalytus in it). But none say how much of anything.

Answered by Dr. Pragnesh Vachharajani 20 minutes later

Good to hear from you again.

Nothing needs to be put in to the water.

Dr.Pragnesh