How common is thyriod cancer?

How common is thyriod cancer?
Posted Tue, 25 Mar 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Srikanth Reddy 13 minutes later
It is very rare type of cancer.It is the 20th most common cancer in the UK (2010), accounting for almost 1% of all new cases. In females, it is the 18th most common cancer (1% of the female total), whilst in males it falls outside of the top 20 (less than 1% of the male total cases of cancer.
Follow-up: How common is thyriod cancer? 4 minutes later
Ok i was just curious i am currently going through the testing process. I have done the blood work and had my radioactive iodine scan yesterday. I am a 33 yr old female
Answered by Dr. Srikanth Reddy 46 minutes later
Brief Answer: We wish you good health Detailed Answer: Hello Thanks for the follow-up information. Most probably everything would come fine. Just try to deal it step by step. Wish you good health, Regards Dr. Srikanth Reddy MD