How can wartner wart remover effects be removed during pregnancy ?

Hi, I am 15 weeks pregnant (Age: 40) and used Wartner Wart remover without thinking on a wart on my finger this evening (exposure time ~6-8 seconds). Afterwards I read that it may cause birth defects in pregnant women (dimethyl ether and propane)! I need to know how bad this is at this stage in my pregnancy. I did not think before using it and feel sick about it. Please advise as I am very worried. Is there anything I can/should do?
Posted Sun, 22 Apr 2012 in Teen Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Mitaly 20 minutes later

Thanks for posting your query

Wartner wart is usually not advised for use during pregnancy but as you have explained that the exposure time was of just few seconds probably it would not have caused any harm.

Also first trimester is a critical time for the organogenesis(organ development for baby)during which chances of birth defects are more.

You are 15 weeks pregnant so major organ development of the foetus would have already completed by now.In the later stages growth takes place.

Kindly avoid any self medication use from now onwards and consult a GP.

Hope this answers your query.I will be available for follow up if any.
Follow-up: How can wartner wart remover effects be removed during pregnancy ? 32 minutes later
Thank you for your response. Is there any way I can rid my system of the chemicals before they may affect the baby (drink more water, etc)? You say it "probably" won't harm the baby as most organ development has occurred at 15 weeks. Do these chemicals affect other types of development other than organs? For example, I know my baby is starting to hear at this time (inner ear development). I know this may be hard to answer, but how sure can you be that this will most likely be okay (perhaps on a scale of 1 to 10)? I am trying to stay calm but must admit to still being concerned for the baby. Thank you for any further thoughts on this.
Answered by Dr. Mitaly 2 hours later

Thanks for the follow up

You cannot elliminate the exposure which has occured by any method.The drugs mostly affect the development of organs and limbs in the growing embryo as sense of hearing,taste,vision etc occurs after the child is born.

I can understand your concern but it is not possible to assure on a scale basis.It is an estimate on the basis of history provided that the least exposure and being in second trimester of pregnancy damage would not be expected.

Hope this helps!