How can premature hair greying on the beard be prevented?

I have white hairs also in beard from the age of 25. Right now i am 27 years old , there is any solution for recovering it to black. I have about 2o to 30% of white hairs.

I was on diet past one & half year.
Posted Sun, 22 Apr 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Jasvinder Singh 12 minutes later

Thanks for your query. The most important cause for premature graying of hair is genetic or hereditary factors. Hair turns white due to lack of pigmentation and melanin. Other important causes are malnutrition and a diet deficient in vit B , smoking ,thyroid disease, stress and anxiety, unclean condition of the scalp, drying it with an electric dryer and use of hair dyes.

If the cause is genetic then very little can be done for the hair that have already turned gray, but if the cause is dietary then taking healthy nutritious diet and vitamin B supplements may help. Indulge in relaxation and meditate to avoid stress and avoid smoking if you smoke. Keep the hair clean by using a mild shampoo and use warm water for rinsing hair. Hot water should not be used. These methods may help in preventing further graying of hair. Hair that have lost pigmentation need to be colored by hair dyes or hair colors.

Hope this answers your query. If you have follow up queries , do not hesitate to write back. I will be happy to answer your queries.

Wish you good health.

Follow-up: How can premature hair greying on the beard be prevented? 2 hours later
Dear Sir,

Please suggest me solution for recovering it to black.

Answered by Dr. Jasvinder Singh 16 hours later

Thanks for writing back.

As I mentioned earlier, the best way to make your gray hair look like before , would be hair XXXXXXX As they have already turned gray, we cannot expect them to get back to earlier color. No proven formula yet.

Nevertheless, for the hair that are normal now, you can surely prevent them from getting gray.I suggest these things to help you on this.

1. Take multivitamin tablets XXXXXXX in ZINC AND BIOTIN. A few names would be Tab.ZINCOVIT/Tab.BIOTIN would help.Take one tab a day for 3 months.

2. Have a nutritious diet XXXXXXX in XXXXXXX leafy vegetables,fruits, have more of salads, and prefer them raw,they are XXXXXXX in antioxidants and fight premature graying.

3. Daily physical activity, meditation , yoga, etc will reduce stress and keep you healthy.Avoid tea , coffee and aerated drinks.

4.Drink lots of water and fruit juices, they will hydrate your skin and hair.

Hope this was helpful.

Wish you good health.