How can I reduce my weight? Discuss diets and exercises?

I want to loose some weight. my age is 27 & my weight is 83kg. Pls tell me the proper exercise & Diet
Posted Thu, 7 Jun 2012 in Weight & Lifestyle
Answered by Dr. Pragnesh Vachharajani 12 minutes later

I will definitely try to help you out in your mission to loose weight. It is good that you are ready to do something to reduce your weight.

I would like to have some more information from your side so that I can suggest you in better way.

Please let me know your

1. Height
2. Work profile
3. Is there any sudden changes in weight ?

Please write again with these details.

Follow-up: How can I reduce my weight? Discuss diets and exercises? 49 minutes later
Dear Sir,
my information:-

1. Height - 5'7 inches

2. Work Profile - Relationship Manager in Stock broking Co.
Basically my work profile is sitting there. That why my weight is over.

3. no sudden change in my weight.

Answered by Dr. Pragnesh Vachharajani 12 hours later

Good to hear from you again.

As per your height your body mass index (BMI) is 31.Normal for a male is less then 25.Means as per your height your ideal weight is around 70kg.

Please note that weight loss programme is a mission. There are no short cuts.

You need to plan in such a way that you should lose your weight gradually and not more then 10% in one year, means you can maximum do weight loss up to 8kg in a year.

No crash diet or magic diet are good for your body and can put you in trouble.

First of all make your mind that you want to loose weight, which you have already done.

There are 3 main pillars for this.
1. Regular exercise
2. Diet planning
3. Medicines.

The last option is only to be used once you are sincere in your efforts and still not loosing weight.

Exercise: Exercise regularly. This can be done at home or gym. In gym participate in both aerobic and strength building activities on a regular basis. Practice stress reduction through yoga and meditation. Get good rest and sound sleep.

Walk at least 30-40 minutes daily, minimum 6 days in a week. Brisk walking is the best exercise.

Avoid using staircase on routine basis at least up to couple of floors.

1.     Eat frequently in small portions and eat slowly. Eating frequently prevents hunger pangs, provides constant energy and maintains metabolism efficiently.
2.     Eat a variety of nutrient XXXXXXX foods. Natural, wholesome foods like fruits, vegetables, sprouts, nuts and seeds are ideal ‘living foods’. They provide us with all the essential nutrients necessary for growth, repair of tissues, good health and good immunity.
3.     Consume healthy snacks like salads, crackers, fruits, wholegrain biscuits and muffins.
4.     Avoid bad fats like butter, cream full-cream milk and XXXXXXX salad dressings and sauces.
5.     Avoid consumption of sugary drinks like soft drinks, and juices. Also avoid sweets, desserts and fried snacks.
6.     Use cooking methods like stewing, steaming, grilling and roasting instead of frying.
7.     Eat in an orderly, relaxed manner.
8.     When eating, use good posture

I hope this helps.

Please write again if you have something more to ask.

In case you do not have further query, please accept the answer.

Wishing you all the best for your weight loss programme.

Follow-up: How can I reduce my weight? Discuss diets and exercises? 9 hours later
Ok thanku sir:)...
Answered by Dr. Pragnesh Vachharajani 1 minute later
Dear Shubham

All the best.

please accept and rate the answer.