How can I know if I have a blocked salivary gland on left side of my face?

how can i tell if I have a blocked salivary gland? left side of face XXXX
Posted Tue, 21 Jan 2014 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Mainly pain and mouth dryness as first symptoms. Detailed Answer: Hi, Thank you so much for trusting us with your health query. I am so sorry to hear about this pains your are experiencing. Most cases of blocked ducts are silent. However, pains and dried mouth are some of the principal signs at presentation. From the information you have provided, I strongly think you have got a viral upper respiratory tract infection(pharyngitis). This has made swallowing very hurtful. The body's defense system in an attempt o contain the infection has developed satellite swollen glands. I honesty think that is the problem going on. It would be nice to take something for the pains like Tylenol. I will also suggest that you get it evaluated to see whether antibiotics are necessary or not. Also, try to drink much fluids, fruits and eat a balanced diet to help you fight your way out of this. I hope you find this helpful. I wish you well. Thank you so much for using our services and please do feel free to ask for more information if need. Thanks. Dr. Ditah, MD.