How can I get rid of infected hair on my penis?

I am a 36 white male with normal health. 5'9" 160 pounds. I have what appears to be an infected hair or a sebum on the skin my penis shaft. I have squeezed a small amount of clear infection from it, but it has not went away. I have some mupiricorn and have been putting this on it.
Posted Sun, 29 Apr 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Pragnesh Vachharajani 12 minutes later

Yes, you guess seems to be right. Normally in this area either the hair gets pulled and its root gets swollen and infected due to itching at times.

The another possibility is some minor infection due to scratch over that area which breaches normal skin and leads to inflammatory response.

When there is only inflammation and no infection, you can squeeze only clear fluid from it. When ever the infection sets in you will start having pain and redness over the area and some XXXXXXX pus can accumulate.

There is no reason for concern. You need to apply nothing and it should go in 2-3 days. Mupirocin is a good topical antibiotic and can be used. It is very effective also in infected skin conditions.

Please wait for 2-4 days for this to clear off. In case it stays beyond 4-5 days, please visit your hygiene.

I hope this answers your query,I will be available for follow up.