How can I get my wife pregnant without transmission of herpes virus?

hi i hv genital herpes. im going to get married dis year.. i need to get my wife pregnant without transmitting the virus to her and the baby.. wat can be done to make it possible.. need ur advice.. do the semen has the virus too?
Posted Wed, 22 Jan 2014 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Anshul Varshney 29 minutes later
Brief Answer: Sex when no lesions. Detailed Answer: Dear Friend Thanks for sharing with us. Genital Herpes , is a highly recurrent viral infection , and is a communicable disease. I would like to tell you one thing very clearly , that having unsafe sex , with your wife , would carry high chances of transmission to her , especially if you have active lesions on the genitalia. I personally advise my patients , with the same problem to , have sex during the period when they don't have genital lesions, however, there is a condition called as "Silent Herpes" , when you don't have lesion , but there is shedding of virus , so 100% surely , there is no way out to stop the transmission , else always use condom. That may give good protection , however , not 100%. Semen doesn't contain herpes virus , but few studies claim it contains. So , the best way out it to share this with your wife , and have sex when you don't have visible lesions. I hope i am able to solve your query , still if you have any query , you may ask me.
Follow-up: How can I get my wife pregnant without transmission of herpes virus? 2 hours later
thank u for ur answer. understood semen have a chance to have the virus. in case it does not have, can my sperms injected to my wife seperately so there wil b no skin contact and she can get pregnant. is there any kind of method to get her pregnant without transmitting virus to her..does breast feeding transmits d virus...
Answered by Dr. Anshul Varshney 12 minutes later
Brief Answer: Injecting semen method is a safer Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for writing back. As I said it's unlikely to transmit herpes through semen , but not 100% sure as few studies claim that virus is there in semen. The injecting semen method is a safer option , if you are comfortable with it. You may discuss this with in vitro fertilization centres once you are married and planning to have a baby. However it's cumbersome so , decision is all yours , I have guided you through all possibilities of transmitting infection , which you may or you may not. If you don't have any further query , please close the discussion and rate it. Stay Healthy.
Follow-up: How can I get my wife pregnant without transmission of herpes virus? 43 minutes later
wat abt breast feeding..
Answered by Dr. Anshul Varshney 3 minutes later
Brief Answer: unlikely Detailed Answer: Hi, Very very unlikely. No point in worrying about that at this point of time. Go ahead. Move on. Things find there way themselves , you just need to be cautious. Good luck.