How can I control migraine attacks and back pain?

Hello, I have migraine since my school days mostly in evening. My symptoms are like nausea,throbbing headache, vomiting until I get some sleep. I never experienced XXXXXXX My migraine triggering factors like brain work (Like concentrating in some puzzle, playing chess), playing computer games, chocolates,cigarette smoke ,alcohol and etc. In some sudden conditions like weightlessness (Lift elevator, merry go round ) and in hill area where it needs to be go in downhill I feel same same discomfort. I have visited may doctors but nothing helped much. But 7 years ago a doctor identified my syndrome as migraine and prescribed me Sibelium 10 mg and Cerlift 50 mg. Since then I felt better but it dint completely cured my problem. But the migraine attacks were less. Now I am a softwere engineer and of late I am experiencing the migrain attack almost everyday evening. Things are getting worse as I feel lower neckpain and upper back pain from last 6/7 months. I avoid all the conditions that triggers headche expect the hard brain work and sitting 8/10 hours in front of PC as per my job's demand. Mostly early at the evening I am having headache as well as extreme upper back pain and lower neck pain. In moring I dont feel headache but upper back pain. In some days when the headache is worse I am vommiting and could not stand by myself and headache is like beating the hammer.Things are getting quite insufferable and affecting my day to day productivity at office. Please help me.
Posted Wed, 25 Apr 2012 in Headache and Migraines
Answered by Dr. R.V.Sirisha Rani 2 hours later

Poor posture at work place could cause migraine, back and joint pains.

Common forms of poor posture include hunching your shoulders, using a chair with no lower-back support, staring at a monitor that is too low or too high, and cradling a phone between your ear and shoulder.

Things which you can do are:

1. If you have frequent tension headaches, take a good look at your workspace.
2. Keep a daily log of foods you eat, stressful events, weather changes, and physical activity. Whenever you have a headache, record the time it starts and stops. This will help you find patterns, so you can try to avoid your personal triggers.
3. Regular timely eating habits&walking for 30min daily for 5days a week will help you in reducing attacks.
4. Although you can't control the stressful events that come your way, you can alter your response to those events. Techniques such as meditation, massage, and acupuncture may work for you.
5. Any new headache that is unusually severe or lasts more than a couple of days should be checked by a doctor. It's also important to let your healthcare provider know if the pattern of your headaches changes for example, if there are new triggers.
6. If you have a headache accompanied by paralysis, confusion, fever, or stiff neck, seek emergency medical care.

Apart from these, some people may find improvement with alteration in the medications. Report to your previous doctor. Perhaps changes in the medication is entailed.

Hope I answered your querry.I will be available for followup querries if any.