How can I control high blood pressure?

I am 35 yrs old, 5' 9" and 175lbs. Ill take my blood pressure immediately after sitting and it will be 145/90...but then I will wait a few minutes and it goes down to 125/75 on the next reading...I know I'm suppose to sit and wait to have my blood pressure taken, but isnt it bad if it ever goes high like that?
Posted Sun, 22 Apr 2012 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 52 minutes later

If you take your blood pressure after any exertion or anxiety or some heavy work it is bound to be on a higher side as compared to the baseline readings which are taken after adequate rest. The higher readings of blood pressure that you have got is due to higher adrenaline levels in your body after work or anxiety. These readings do reduce by around 20-25% after resting for sometime.

So there is nothing to worry about it and always measure your blood pressure after resting for a few minutes.

I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you. If there are additional concerns, I am available for your followups.