How are sores on the anal opening treated ?

Hi I am 24 and I'm not positive what I have but I am pretty sure I have a scab or sore on my butt hole that never heals because I go to the bathroom and wash it regularly. It's been happening for almost half a year now. There is always a little bit of blood on the toilet paper in the same spot almost every time. Is this something I need to have looked at or is it just a scab that is never going to heal properly?
Posted Fri, 20 Apr 2012 in Peptic Ulcer
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 19 minutes later

A sore with intermittent bleeding and non- healing for last six months definitely needs to be looked at. It can be a chronic ulcer due to a chronic infection, a polyp or a fistula or a cancerous ulcer.

To come to a diagnosis, a careful examination is warranted. If required a punch biopsy from the marginal tissue will clinch the nature of chronic infection and ruling out the carcinogenic growth.

Meanwhile keep the area clean and wash with soap and water twice daily. Soaking in warm water in a bath tub will help. You can apply an antiseptic ointment like neosporin till then.

I hope my answer and recommendations are adequate and helpful. Waiting for your further follow up queries if any.