How are hand tremors prevented ?

Am a surgeon in training and I ve hand tremor during surgical procedures and this is causing embarrassment for me. I need help
Posted Tue, 17 Apr 2012 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. Shiva Kumar R 12 hours later

Do you mean that your hands shake because of fear or inexperience? Having addressed your problem with your XXXXXXX surgeon?

It looks like you are suffering from essential tremor which increases with finer activities.

The recommended drugs medicines for essential tremor are Anticonvulsants like Primidone or Beta blockers like propranolol. I suggest you to take the help of a Neurologist and get them prescribed.

If you dont respond to these medicines, Botox injection can be tried. Only problem with Botox is that it has to be repeated every 4-5 months.

Hope I have answered your query. If you have any follow up queries I will be available to answer them.