How accurate is a 3rd generation HIV test at 27 days?

Apr 2013

General Surgeon
How accurate is a 3rd generation hiv test at 27 days?
Posted Wed, 12 Feb 2014 in HIV and AIDS
Answered by Dr. Ivan R. Rommstein 16 minutes later
Brief Answer: Hi and welcome to XXXXXXX Detailed Answer: Thanks for the query. At 4 weeks it is considered to be 95% accurate,at 6 weeks almost 99% and after 12 weeks it is practically not possible that man is HIV + if test is negative. So if there was risky intercourse I suggest to repeat test after 6 weeks and no further tests are necessary after it. Wish you good health. Feel free to ask. Regards
Follow-up: How accurate is a 3rd generation HIV test at 27 days? 3 hours later
So would it b safe 2 say at 27 days my negative results Frm a 3rd generation test is 95% eventhough, I'm 1 day shy Frm bein a 4 weeks...
Answered by Dr. Ivan R. Rommstein 7 hours later
Brief Answer: hi Detailed Answer: This 1 day is negligible for test accuracy so this is 95% accurate,even more than 95. So you dont have to be concered and false negative test is really rarity.