How accurate is a 3rd generation HIV test at 27 days?
User rating for this question
How accurate is a 3rd generation hiv test at 27 days?
Posted Wed, 12 Feb 2014 in HIV and AIDS
Answered by Dr. Ivan R. Rommstein 16 minutes later
Brief Answer: Hi and welcome to XXXXXXX Detailed Answer: Thanks for the query. At 4 weeks it is considered to be 95% accurate,at 6 weeks almost 99% and after 12 weeks it is practically not possible that man is HIV + if test is negative. So if there was risky intercourse I suggest to repeat test after 6 weeks and no further tests are necessary after it. Wish you good health. Feel free to ask. Regards
Follow-up: How accurate is a 3rd generation HIV test at 27 days? 3 hours later
So would it b safe 2 say at 27 days my negative results Frm a 3rd generation test is 95% eventhough, I'm 1 day shy Frm bein a 4 weeks...
Answered by Dr. Ivan R. Rommstein 7 hours later
Brief Answer: hi Detailed Answer: This 1 day is negligible for test accuracy so this is 95% accurate,even more than 95. So you dont have to be concered and false negative test is really rarity.
People also viewed
- H1n1 virus feels dizzy sore throat torso rash developed
- Unprotected vaginal intercourse with hiv positive chances of getting affected
- Nicorette good for gutkha
- Is guinness good for underweight
- Is mastrubution good for health?
- Protected sex sore throat test negative hiv possibility
- Dizzy body pain white tongue cough sex with prostitutes hiv
- How accurate is third generation hiv test
- Underweight night sweats losing more weight fatigue symptoms of hiv
- Lightheadedness that goes away when heart rate goes up
- How accurate is a rapid hiv test at 45 days
- How accurate is a elisa hiv test, 60 days
- How good is mutton paya soup for a patient of osteoporasis
- Hiv test 27 days accurate
- How accurate is hiv testing