Hot liquid splashed on face and eye. Washed with cold water. What to do next?

I just cooked a pot roast and tried to lift it when the hot liquid splashed on my face and in my right eye. I washed it with cold water. Should I be doing anything else right now?
Posted Wed, 17 Apr 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Muhammad Ishfaq Habib 51 minutes later
Welcome to XXXXXXX

Thorough wash with the cold water is the first aid you have done but as the eye is the most fragile organ of the body so there are chances that it may get infection or congestion due to hot liquid so it is strongly recommended to visit you doctor for proper examination.

If you still have some query, feel free to ask