Home remedy to cure bad smell coming from nose?

ENT Specialist
i have a bad smell coming from my nostril, antibiotics have not helped. the ent md says it may be an allergy. this is very annoying. i do nasal irrigations with saline daily., what other home remedies can i use.
Posted Wed, 13 Feb 2013 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. A.K. Srivastava 3 hours later

I have gone through your query.

You smell bad from your nostril that is not responding to antibiotic and nasal irrigation with saline. Considering your all symptoms it seems that, you are having some infection in your nose, paranasal sinuses, or throat.

You have not told about any associated problems as headache, nasal discharge or crusting in nasal cavity etc. So I am considering your case as you are not having any of these associated symptoms.

Thus, it appears that you are having chronic Rhinosinusitis. You are advice to go for these investigations- (1) C.T. scan paranasal sinuses, (2) culture and sensitivity of nasal swab.

A thorough clinical examination and co-relation of inferences of investigations one may reach to final diagnosis, then treatment can be planned.